The Chaplains of the ADF serve in a complex and challenging environment. Along with pastoral responsibilities for service personnel and their families, they provide counsel and support to the unit command on matters to with the ethics of engagement, relating to local civilian populations and on unit morale. It was a privilege to work with the Sydney Region Chaplains this week at the Richmond Air Force Base on pastoral transactions around moral injury and repair, leadership practices and processes for systemic health.
Some of the sessions we covered included the following:
- Understanding the Dynamics of Power in Pastoral Transactions
- Moral Injury Presentation
Resource and Reading List on Moral Injury and Moral Repair
Parts of the Presentation by William Nash used in the Discussion
- The Foundations of Reconciliation and Forgiveness
- Leadership Practices (LPI)
- Understanding Systems and Transformation
- Phases of Leadership Development
- Vulnerability and Self Care Strategies
Feel free to post a comment if you need any further resources or wish to reflect on the seminar.